Coleman Hooligan 4-Person Tent Reviews
These days, there are various tents for different purposes on the market, and you should only make your decision after knowing what is best for you. The Hooligan 4 from Coleman is the best backpacking tent for family that you should take into consideration.
This is an excellent tent for all sorts of small parties to go camping in nice weather conditions. And apparently, even if the weather turns out to be worse than your expectation, you can still enjoy your time with partners inside this spacious tent. There are also many features that make this tent stand out from other tents. But above all, its cheap price is the most appealing aspect. Overall, it’s a good tent at a good price.
Table of Contents
- Feature of Products
- Why is Coleman Hooligan 4 Person Tent best seller in Amazon?
- Who need it the most?
- Pros and Cons
- Customer Score
- Guide about Setup – Install
These are important specifications for the Coleman Hooligan 4:
- Item Dimensions: 7.5 x 7 x 24.5 inches
- Color: Red
- Weather Tec(TM) system’s patented welded floors and inverted seams help keep water out
- Spacious interior, room to move
- Fully-covered vestibule for dry entry and added wind protection near the door
- Full rainfly for protection from the cold, sun, wind and rain
- Full-mesh inner tent for incredible ventilation
- Large windows help cool the tent
- Storage pockets keep gear organized
- Insta-Clip(TM) pole attachments stand up to winds
- 9 feet x 7 feet footprint
- 4 feet 10 in-center height
- Floor Area: 63
- Item Weight: 11.6 pounds
- Special Size Type: 108”L x 84”W x 58” H
Feature of Products
The most noteworthy part of the Coleman Hooligan for 4 is the Weather Tec(TM) system’s patented welded floors and inverted seams sealed at the factory. The rugged 1000D polyethylene floor in a bathtub style is what adds to this superior factor. As the tent is built with these advance features, the Coleman Hooligan for 4 always perfectly does it job, giving users great assurance of keeping them dry on even the most rainy day. People can absolutely enjoy their time under the shelter of the Coleman Hooligan for 4 without worrying about the weather.
The tent’s vestibule is also well designed. The front one offers spacious room for storage purposes. You can put your gears inside the vestibule without worrying that it might get wet since the zipper flap over the vestibule zipper keeps water out completely. Besides, these special features also add wind protection to the tent.
The Coleman Hooligan for 4 is super easy to put up and take down. Its fiberglass poles fully simplifies set-up. One person can put up a Coleman Hooligan for 4 in 10 minutes without any difficulty.
The ventilation of the Coleman Hooligan for 4 is also another great advantage. All mesh body offers incredible ventilation. Large inner windows also help cool the tent, and the upper vent is also adjustable so that you are able to get plenty of air going through the tent when it warms up. By and large, you can feel absolutely comfortable when using the Coleman Hooligan for 4.
Last but not least, external guy loops on fly is really worth mentioning. This feature is so useful if you are going on a trip to a windy area. Furthermore, with the help of Insta-Clip(TM) pole attachments and full rainfly, the Coleman Hooligan for 4 is ready to stand up to winds.
Why is Coleman Hooligan 4 Person Tent best seller in Amazon?
The Coleman Hooligan for 4 stands out from others because it is very cheap (just cost a little bit more than a Sundome tent) but it is still very spacious (more than the Sundome one), simple and convenient to use. You would certainly love this tent after you experience your first night with the Coleman Hooligan for 4.
Best benefit of Coleman Hooligan 4 Person Tent
The Coleman Hooligan for 4 is one of the most recommended tents on Amazon. People usually rate for it because it is ideal for general purpose, and still, it is in a good price range. Moreover, there are some features that make this low-cost Coleman tent a desirable product for campers in general.
First of all, Vestibule for storage is a very handy and exceptional feature of this Coleman tent. The vestibule can prove its practicality if you need to store your gears. It is big enough to help keep your gears out of the weather.
And some other particular features that make this tent distinguished including Weather Tec(TM) system, full rainfly and full-mesh inner tent are convincing enough to be your best option.
This is quite a spacious tent with lots of space – 6′ by 8′ design leaves plenty of room for you and for storage. It can work best for a small family or two couples but either way, it can provide you with a private and comfortable space at a great price.
What is more, the Coleman Hooligan for 4 offers some great view (if you remove the rainfly) and you don’t feel like you are in a tent at all as it is almost entirely screened in.
The Coleman Hooligan Tent for 4 Persons gives the facility to set up in no more than 10 minutes. This is also why people would highly recommend it because of its easy-to-use.
The pole is hard enough to prop up the whole tent. You can trust the tent’s ability to put up with any harmful effects from the weather.
The floor of the tent is made up of heavy duty plastic tarp material; keeping the water out and making you feel really comfortable when sleeping.
The air and temperature inside the tent can be easily controlled using the upper vent and the front door. This is truly a great benefit since you can adjust what is best for you.
Furthermore, the Coleman Hooligan for 4 wouldn’t make you feel like in a tent since the glow provided by the bright over-fly provides light even on a gloomy day. And as I said earlier, the inner mesh also offers some really great views for you.
Last but not least, the tent is made of fire resistant material. This helps guarantee your safety when using the tent.
Who need it the most?
Since this is a really cheap tent, it fits best for those families who are on budget, or for amateurs that just want something good but not too expensive. It is best used among couples or maybe parents with small kids and pets. Overall, it is a great tent at a great price.
Pros and Cons
- Pin & Ring and color coded set up is fast and simple.
- The tent’s vestibule is practical and useful, especially during wet season.
- For a couple or a small family, this is a spacious tent with lots of room for storage. (maximum of two adults and a kid or pets)
- Storage pockets help keep things organized without stepping on or losing in the dark.
- Weather Tec(TM) system employed give additional protection against rain.
- Resistant to fire since the Coleman Hooligan is made of fire retardant material.
- It is a little bit impractical during cold season since the side vents can hardly fully closed.
- Some people may find the entry into the vestibule is relatively low and somewhat small.
- It could be a little bit of a challenge if you try to put up the tent on a bumpy ground like rocky and sandy soils.
Amazon Customer Score
Summary of Amazon customers’ reviews: A great tent for the money
Many people find that Coleman Hooligan for 4 is an ideal option if you are thinking of camping with your small family in the weekend. Those who used Coleman Hooligan 4 believe that a family size of 2 to 3 (parents or parents with a small kid) can adjust easily inside. People feel happy because they can get such a spacious tent for a reasonable price.
People are amazed by how waterproof the Coleman Hooligan for 4 can be. With the Weather Tec(TM) system’s patented welded floors, inverted seams and full rainfly, this product from Coleman can impressively help you remain dry in wet condition. Welded seams, even in four corners, ensure that you can enjoy your night without a single leakage if it rains.
Pin & Ring set up is fast and simple, color coded set up is simple and snag-free continuous pole sleeves simplifies set-up. Overall, this product is remembered as a super easy-to-use tent.
The vestibule is perhaps what mainly contributes to this factor of the tent. The Coleman Hooligan for 4 is equipped with a really useful vestibule in the front. It can keep not only the water out, but also the mud and the dirt. Therefore, your tent can be remained completely clean during wet season.
People who are using Coleman brand always find it reliable. The Coleman’s sturdiness gives users a great level of assurance when using Coleman tents. The Coleman Hooligan 4 is not an exception. That is why there are so many good reviews on this product, especially from those who have used Brand Coleman for a long time.
Many people express their satisfaction for this tent, and much more, its price. They feel lucky to be able to own this tent at such a great price. Usually, a good tent for 4 costs you up to more than 100 dollars. However, the Coleman Hooligan for 4 would make you surprised since it is only $82.05 on Amazon, to be exact. Therefore, the incredible value of this tent is what people usually discuss. Quote one comment of a man who bought the Coleman Hooligan for 4: “A great tent for the money”
Guide about Setup – Install
- In the first phase, you need to assemble and position only.
- Make the desired position on which you want to set up the tent.
- Stake down all the order through rings.
- Keep the floor on the ground and straight
- Now just assemble the poles you find inside the package. You can unfold it easily by opening the locks
How to do an easy setup for Coleman Hooligan for 4 within 10 to 15 minutes?
Step by step Set-up instruction for Coleman Hooligan for 4:
- The first step is to select a level campsite (make sure that you select a site that is clear of rocks and branches; stay away from bumpy ground).
- Position the tent with the door facing the desired direction, with the door unzipped and open. (Remember not to place the door facing the wind if you are camping in a windy area).
- Lay out your poles on the ground before beginning the assembly.
- Assemble the main shock corded poles. If the poles are color-coded, make certain to insert the poles through the corresponding sleeves.
- Apply pressure to the pole to make an arch.
- Insert one end of each pole onto the pins on the corners of the tent.
- Stretch the corners up until they are tight.
- Hammer the stakes through the rings of the pins.
- Attach the frame clips on the scenes to the frame poles.
- Drape the fly over the tent (make sure the fly is properly positioned).
- Attach the poles to the rainfly using the hooks loop tape that are already stitched on the underside of the fly.
- Press the elastic loops at the corners.
So basically those are a few simple steps for you to put up a Coleman Hooligan for 4. Now you can enjoy your day with friends and family and may come back to rest and relax in the Coleman Hooligan 4 at any time you want.
The Coleman Hooligan for 4 is the best option for couples and small families to consider for their general camping needs. For such a good tent like the Coleman Hooligan 4, it is somewhat a bargain for you to own one. Let’s take a look back at some great features that this low-priced tent offers:
- The lightweight, two-pole design of this Coleman tent is easy to carry and easy to set up.
- Weather Tec(TM) system’s patented welded floors and inverted seams help keep water out
- The practical vestibule help you remain dry even in heavy rain.
- The brilliant ventilation system of the tent also makes you feel very comfortable when staying inside the tent.
Overall, the Coleman Hooligan for 4 is what you should take into consideration, not only because of its great feature, but also for the fact that there are not many outstanding products that is sold at such a great price.