BEST 6 PERSON TENT reviews 2017 – 6 MAN TENTS for CAMPING rated by Quality, Cheap Price, Duration, 1 2 room, 3 4 season, with porch & with vestibule.
Hello, I’m Will Young from Family Tent Center. I’m the family tent expert and the author of these Best 6 Person Tent Reviews. There are a lot of camping tents for sale out there in the market. The most popular tents are 6 person tent and 8 person tent. A best 8 person tent is larger, and often more convenience. However, they often are heavier and more expensive than a best 6 person tent. A 6 person tent with screened porch is a very good camping tent for a small family (parents and 2 kids) since the kids can play inside the tent while still feeling outdoor. If you are really a group of 6 men (adults), surely you cannot take a 6 man tent, you should take a large 10 person tent or 2 separate 4 person tents.
If you want to save your time, then go immediately to the comparison table and reviews.
However, I would like to suggest you get over this quick information because it can be very helpful. Then you can go for more details in this article, or even in other full reviews.
Okay, let’s take a look!
- Top luxury camping tents: KODIAK CANVAS FLEX-BOW TENT and BIG AGNES – FLYING DIAMON TENT, of course, they are expensive. Please click on their names to read our review.
- The top large camping tents for 6 men are Coleman WeatherMaster 6-Person Screened Tent and Coleman Elite® WeatherMaster® 6 Screened Tent with 17f x 9f (all have a 6f x 9f Screened Room). They are both best 6 person tent with vestibule.
- The cheap camping tents are Coleman Sundome Tent and Coleman Evanston Screened Tent
- If you want fast and easy setting up is Coleman Instant Tent 6 for 6 men.
- There’s a lot of 6 person tents with screened porch. You can have a tea, or enjoy the view without worrying about sunshine, dust, wind or bugs.
- There’s no such backpacking model for 6 man tent. If you still want one, please check our best backpacking tent review!
Table of Contents
- LET’S TAKE YOUR BEST 6 PERSON TENT
- BEST 6 PERSON TENT REVIEWS
- “EASY AS 1 2 3” BEST 6 MAN TENT BUYING GUIDE
- ADVANTAGES OF A 6 MAN TENT
- NICE TIPS & PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE FOR 6 MAN TENTS
The 4 6 person tents are designed for small families but the 6 person tent is the more popular. However, kids growth quickly. So, in my opinion, if your kids are under 10, then it’s fine to purchase a 6 person tent. It means you still can use this tent for a few year. If they are over 10, you should get a larger tent.
Unlike 4 person tent, which you can sleep inside only. A best 6 person tent offers more space and height for partitioned bedrooms and living. It makes the camping trip more convenience.
Now, would you like to know more? I will give short comparisons, reviews and ratings of my TOP 4 BEST 6 PERSON TENTS. Then, an “Easy as 1 2 3 Buying Guide” and finally, some helpful information.
LET’S TAKE YOUR BEST 6 PERSON TENT
TOP 04 BEST 6 PERSON TENTS
Everyone wants to obtain a perfect thing, no doubt. If you want to purchase a genuine as well as perfect family camping tent, you should distinguish the ins and outs of the product.
BEST 6 PERSON TENT REVIEWS
COLEMAN WEATHERMASTER 6 PERSON SCREENED TENT (Best 6 Person Tent with Screened Porch)
This is a Coleman WeatherMaster 6 Person 2 Room Tent (in short: Coleman WeatherMaster 6). First of all, this tent is very spacious with main room 11f x 9f and a screen room 6f x 9f. Many campers love the screening room because it’s very helpful when:
- Having a tea inside the screen room without worrying about hot, dust or bugs/insects.
- Keeping your toddler or pet(s) safe.
- You can also use it as a 2nd bedroom.
Also, the WeatherTec system is truly marvelous!
The particular Coleman Weathermaster 6 – Individual Screened Camping Tent has been made to support six people within two rooms. This particular camping out cabin camping tent includes a heavy plus strong metal plus fiberglass frame. It delivers exceptional protection plus comfort and ease during prolonged camping classes.
Putting the tent up straightforward is, though this tent is fairly large even. It will take the common individual about half a full hour to erect it. You shall need a second pair of hands to place the rain fly on the roof. As soon as erected, the tent will be spacious, and will be high sufficient to most of the people in order to stand upright.
The Coleman Weathermaster 6 includes two entry doors with a hinged entry way for simple access and leave. Vent windows are given to ensure ventilation alongside privacy. The floors sports activities polyethylene material as the inner mesh is manufactured out of polyester to supply resilient durability. The Coleman 6 person tent with screened porch furthermore possesses an electrical entry port to provide simple usage of your digital equipment.
WHAT THE CUSTOMERS SAY (AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEWS)?
Or Read Our Full Best Coleman Instant Tent Review
The Coleman 6-Person Instant Cabin Tent helps to make camping easy so that you can enjoy every moment of one’s outdoor adventure. In about A MINUTE you could have the tent setup or taken down. The spacious camping tent suits two queen-sized airbeds.
Two inner storage pockets provide an accepted place to put your necessities. Durable Bodyguard 2X material, the exclusive Climate Tec program, plus an integrated, vented keeps you safer from the weather rainfly. You will like the Illumining reflective guy lines. They are along with the pre-attached rods of the instant log cabin.
The Coleman 6-Person Instant Tent is made from fabric. That will come in at 2 times the thickness associated with standard materials, rendering it less inclined to rip compared to some other tents. In addition, it is a fully-taped camping tent, so no rainfly is necessary.
The revolutionary one-piece style indicates the poles are usually pre-attached to the camping tent. It removes assembly period and the chance associated with lost parts. Just unfold the camping tent, disseminate the material, extend the rods, click on, and secure, as well as your tent is preparing to go.
WHAT THE CUSTOMERS SAY (AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEWS)?
Or Read Our Full Best Coleman Instant Tent Review
COLEMAN EVANSTON SCREENED TENT 6
WHAT THE CUSTOMER SAY ABOUT COLEMAN EVANSTON 6 SCREENED TENT?
COLEMAN ELITE WEATHERMASTER 6 PERSON SCREENED TENT (BEST 6 PERSON TENT WITH VESTIBULE)
This model is an upgrade version of Coleman WeatherMaster 6 that I introduced above. The Elite model has a remoted and built-in lighting system with 3 brightness levels and metal strips that make you can control the windows to easily roll up or down. This light system is the greatest thing because you don’t have to look for your tent in the dark night.
I would say again that the regular Coleman Weather Master 6 doesn’t have a the lighting system. It is the only important functional difference. You can refer back to the information of Coleman Weather Master 6 by here.
WHAT THE CUSTOMERS SAY (AMAZON CUSTOMER REVIEWS)?
“EASY AS 1 2 3” BEST 6 MAN TENT BUYING GUIDE
Before purchasing a family camping tent, you should read the customer reviews from online marketplace considering 4 6 person tents from well-known manufacturers, including Coleman, Outwell and Vango. Also, you should take a visit to a camping store or tent exhibition with an excellent display of erected tents.
Here are the most crucial functions and things to consider when selecting the very best 6 man tent:
Step 01: Size and Weight:
Most family tents are made to be carried inside the motor car. So sized and weight is a great factor for choosing a camping tent. Consider the packed dimension from the tent to ensure it’ll fit in your vehicle boot. Also, you should make certain the particular erected tent, like any extensions, will certainly fit on the pitch you possess reserved on the campsite.
Step 02: Space of the Tent:
It’s important to possess a respectable amount of living space inside your loved one tent. They each to prevent the sensation associated with claustrophobia also to create your stay convenient if the weather will be poor. Your camping tent should offer you great head height. That means you don’t have to stop down as soon as within.
Step 03: Versatility of sleeping storage compartments:
The age of your children will probably affect your selected resting arrangements inside your camping tent. Selecting a 6 man tent along for the future (when the children are older):
- With flexible bedroom storage compartments
- With the main scoot separating both compartments, means campers along with small children can rest in a single large area,
- Or split the compartment in two for included privacy.
Step 04: Ventilation plus insect protection:
Ventilation is an important factor when choosing a family group tent really. A well-ventilated camping tent can make a far more comfortable camping encounter. It nicely situated vent panels permit the free circulation of air flow through the tent.
Step 05: Number of Doors:
A family tent with an increase of than one doorway might help:
- With the totally free circulation of air flow through the tent, assisting to improve ventilation.
- Additionally, it may enable a welcoming through breeze in warmer weather.
So, minimum two doors can be perfect for each tent.
Step 06: Number of Windows:
Large windows might help make the interior of one’s tent lighter plus raise the sense associated with space. Pre-connected curtains will filter light when needed.
ADVANTAGES OF A 6 MAN TENT
To summarize, the benefits of a family tent are as follows:
- Generous headroom and head space
- It often offers more space with 6 person tent with screened porch
- Strength (3 or even more crossing poles)
- Easy to pitch
- Easily integrated right into a dual style – making to get the best big family tents obtainable
6 man tents derive from the easy principle that poles bent in the fabric cover and pressing against one another. They cross, form an inflexible and stable structure.
Standard family tents that require you to thread or even cut the poles yourself remain quick and easy to create. Poles are usually often shock-corded and exactly the same length. Just rods for porches vary, and that needs to be apparent.
There will little have to adjust the camping tent as soon as erected. The poles pressure the fabric into the desired shape.
The easiest form would be to possess a square or rectangle-shaped base and 2 sets of poles fixed at the 4 corners. These push out and forming domed roofing. Rods bend sufficiently to provide good high roofing, unlike a great many other camping tent designs.
Many producers now offer big family tents along with 2 domes connected by one big all-encompassing flysheet. These are a fantastic choice for any family members intending lengthy or regular camping out trips. There are many rooms, a few independence and several additional functions to the getaway life similar to a house.
The only real another main benefit that dome tents have may be the relief with which they could be setup.
1. Question: Exactly what is a tent?
Answer: The tent is a protection comprising sheets associated with fabric mounted on a framework of poles or rope. Smaller sized tents might be free-standing or attached to the bottom. Large tents are often anchored using guy ropes linked with stakes or tent pegs.
2. Question: Exactly what is a freestanding tent?
Answer: A new tent that appears alone without the good thing about stakes. Or man ranges is reported to be self-supporting or even freestanding. All tents have to be guyed or staked to avoid wind damage, associated with being impressed and also to provide stability.
3. Question: Exactly what is a non-freestanding camping tent?
Answer: A camping tent that requires stakes plus guy points to be able to stand. Numerous ultralight backpacking tents, and also bigger cabin tents, are non-freestanding.
4. Question: Do I have to risk my tent down?
Answer: Yes, you do! Your tent shall blow aside if you don’t take it down. Putting gear and gear in the tent will never be sufficient. You must make use of stakes to carry this to the bottom. Tents with harm through rolling around because of high winds are certainly not included in any guarantee.
5. Question: Can I put a ground cloth in the tent?
Answer: No. A ground cloth in the tent will not protect the ground from rips or holes.
6. Question: Exactly what is a single walls tent?
Answer: Traditional dual wall tents vent moisture due to windows and breathable nylon roof and walls vents. Solitary wall tents get rid of all breathable nylon and another travel. The wall space really does the fly. Mainly, along with backpacking tents, that is done to save bodyweight.
7. Question: Can I pack the tent when it’s wet?
Answer: If you are hiking, you will see times when you will need to pack it damp. Set it up and dry it as quickly as possible always. Never shop it in the home or even for extended periods of time damp.
8. Question: Can I waterproof my tent having a silicone spray?
Answer: It all depends on you. Silicone could be dispersed to improve protecting. However, it can’t be used as a main water-resistant coating. Whenever your tent is fresh, the polyester or nylon has what’s known as Durable Water Repellency or DWR. This is used in order to the specific threads. It is individual from the urethane covering on the lower of the fabric.
NICE TIPS & PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE FOR 6 MAN TENTS
You should follow some techniques to use properly of your Best 6 person tent. Some important tips are as follows:
- Under certain problems (winter, higher humidity, etc.) condensation shall form within your tent. Condensation is due to water vapor from your own breath, perspiration, or some kind of wet clothes within the tent. It isn’t leakage during the tent fabric. It can be minimized by detaching wet clothing from your own tent. Or offering great ventilation with the tent.
- Woods limbs, tree systems applications and products, bird droppings, or even moisture steadily leaking off tree branches could cause damage to the tent. The damage could effect on particular tent material as well as coating leading to leakages or lack of flame-resistant properties.
- Never store a wet tent! You always have to dry and brush off caked dirt thoroughly. Usually don’t pack stakes or else poles within your tent. Work with a separate storage handbag.
- Stakes must be eliminated by tugging on the stake by itself. Never pull on the tent to eliminate stakes as this could bring in personal damage or property damage.
- Tent poles shouldn’t be left telescoped together during storage space.
- Do not keep your tent set-up for weeks at the same time. Be aware that contact with ultraviolet (UV) rays from sunlight. It can seriously damage materials or cause it to become discolored.
Sizing up the options:
- Manufacturers typically just allow 180 x 60 per individual. Very little room. If someone is tall or includes a bigger build especially!
- Make sure to check on if the measurement from the tent will be with regard to the inside or outside as it could make a huge difference.
- Allow space for a few gear and clothing. Within the unlikely occasion associated with rain, you would like additional room to move.
Planning for the Wet:
- Seam sealing: Search for tents with seam closing. This implies the company applied an obvious seal to ensure no water leaked throughout the stitch holes.
- Waterproof ranking: Look for a “water head measurement” whenever searching for the best family members tents. Don’t think about anything less than 1,000 millimeters! Yet 2,000 are really a much better rating.
- Fabric: You probably should invest in a family camping tent may be the fabric. Weighty, tough water-resistant canvas makes good sense because it is breathable and resilient.
Ease of Use:
- Fewer poles plus pegs mean quicker setup.
- It might be better to go with two tents instead of one large tent.
- OutdoorGearLab 6 MAN TENT: http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Best-Camping-Tent/Ratings
- Amazon 6 MAN TENT: https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-2000018017-Parent-6-Person-Instant-Cabin/dp/B01KHE3R4E
- Coleman 6 MAN TENT: http://www.coleman.com/coleman-tentsandshelters-instant/
- Pinterest 6 MAN TENT: https://www.pinterest.com/explore/6-man-tent/
- The Telegraph – Best six person tent: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/active/the-best-family-tents/
I have tried my best to make an excellent review on the Best 6 person tent in this article. I think this review must assist you to select the best family camping tent for you as well as your family. The guarantee of fresh air, open spaces, and activities such as hiking makes family camping enjoyment for all known members.
The location is not important, the main thing is to get out and revel in the right time with one another. The components of the tent must be long lasting and don’t get damaged during inclement weather even. Awnings are made from canvas also, plastic plus fabric.